Saturday, January 1, 2011

Living out THE POWER Day 1

I am a fan of Rhonda Byrne's THE SECRET. I have waited for the next book THE POWER to be released since August, kept looking for it at the bookstore, would hold it in my hand and feel it as mine, but would not purchase it as it seems to cost too much. Now, I have a copy of the book as my sister finally got me one as a Christmas gift.

In the next couple of days, weeks, months, or even years, I will try to live out what is being said in these books. And I will write about it, and see how it will truly manifest in my life.

The first chapter is talking about What is the Power? LOVE. If you want to live an amazing life...focus on LOVE. feel it. know the love in your heart. know the love around you. and feel the force inside you.

Today, I woke up at around 9 in the morning, with all the pillows and blankets around me. It was my father's 58th birthday. There is food in our table. My mother has kept the place very clean and organized. And she has prepared pasta and cake for our brunch. In our culture, having pasta or noodles would signify long life for the birthday celebrant. Simple acts of love towards my father who is celebrating his birthday today. I am deeply grateful for my grandmother and grandfather who has brought my father into this world. For my parents who held on to their love for each other through life's ups and downs, and still raised us, their children. I am grateful for my father who has raised and provided for us, which is why we finished our education, which is why we are here in the US. and most of all, I am grateful for Our Father, who has planned everything beforehand.

Yes, after breakfast, we texted our choir mates at church. They did not respond at first. but at lunch time, responded to our invitation for a birthday meal celebration at our humble abode. The couple came with a beautifully wrapped purple gift from Bed Bath and Beyond. They gave us pans to contain, the turkey that my father roasted for his birthday. Gifts are wonderful symbols of loving and caring.

Reaching out for each others needs is a good practice as well.. Serving people food, sharing each other's experiences. all these happened during lunch time.

At the end of the day, we attended the Saturday anticipated mass, at church, which we usually do since we sing for the choir. What are the acts of love that I felt and done for this event? I wore the dress that I bought from Macy's. nice shoes to go with it. put on some make up, and fixed my hair. It all sounds routine, but then, when I actually try to feel what I wanted to happen, the love that I have for myself grows more each time that I try to make myself beautiful.

The act and persistence of singing, of standing up in front of the microphone, of singing our hearts out to the Lord, in public, is indeed a deep act of love, worship and faithfulness to the Higher Being who has watched over us day in and day out. I am truly grateful for the songs, for the talent of being able to read, to speak, to sing, to shake hands, to hug people, for all these, as routine as they may look like, are all acts of love.

When we finally got home, my mother told me to invite my friends for dinner. They brought "Crispy Pata", which is a roasted pig's thigh, a very delectable delicacy. which they prepared for 3 hours. There is love in here, from my friends, to come into our house, spend time with my family, eat together, and sing Happy Birthday for my father.

TODAY MY DAY IS FULL OF LOVE.

To end it all, my former roommate stayed to watch a movie with us. 2 long hours of simply watching, and togetherness. There is love in our home.

Father in heaven, the Higher Being in this Universe, I am truly grateful for the wonderful things that are happening in my life, as simple as it may sound. Help me practice a heart of gratitude, that I will be guided in all my moments and be sensitive to the miracles of love that are already present in all my days, in all my moments. For this heart that can feel, I am truly grateful.

As I put myself to sleep tonight, I am already grateful for the day that is coming ahead. I am going to wake up invigorated, full of energy, ready to take care of people in the ICU. I am grateful because I will wake up on time, be at work on time, and enjoy the people around me. Thank you for providing for my needs even before I ask for it. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment